Solaris 10: make check fails for 6.3.5.10

Post any defects you find in the released or beta versions of the ImageMagick software here. Include the ImageMagick version, OS, and any command-line required to reproduce the problem. Got a patch for a bug? Post it here.
fab

Solaris 10: make check fails for 6.3.5.10

Post by fab »

Hi,

I am trying to comile ImageMagick 6.3.5.10 on a Solaris 10 machine with the GNU tools (gcc,gmake,...) and am experiencing problems when I run gmake check:

Code: Select all

FAIL: tests/rwfile_EPT_truecolor16.sh
/tmp/brodbeck/ImageMagick-6.3.5/tests/.libs/rwfile /tmp/brodbeck/ImageMagick-6.3.5/tests/input_truecolor.miff EPT 

[...]

Caught exception: button: ParseError unclosed tag: `typemap'
FAIL: Magick++/demo/button.sh
Read images ...
Creating thumbnails...
  add noise ...
  annotate ...
Caught exception: demo: ParseError unclosed tag: `typemap'
FAIL: Magick++/demo/demo.sh
PASS: Magick++/demo/flip.sh
angle 0
Caught exception: gravity: ParseError unclosed tag: `typemap'
FAIL: Magick++/demo/gravity.sh
Caught exception: piddle: ParseError unclosed tag: `typemap'
FAIL: Magick++/demo/piddle.sh
Caught exception: shapes: ParseError unclosed tag: `typemap'
FAIL: Magick++/demo/shapes.sh
PASS: Magick++/demo/zoom_bessel.sh
Is this anything mission critical or is it safe to use this version on a production machine?

Regards,
fab.
magick
Site Admin

Re: Solaris 10: make check fails for 6.3.5.10

Post by magick »

Somehow one of your configuration files got corrupted. Run a validator (e.g. xmllint) against each of type-ghostscript.xml type-solaris.xml type-windows.xml type.xml and see which one fails to validate. Correct the problem and the regression tests should run. Report back here so we can determine how the configuration file got corrupted.
fab

Post by fab »

Ok,

in type-ghostscript.xml I found an arbitrary <typemap> entry on line 430. After putting it into a comment make check only fails on

Code: Select all

FAIL: tests/rwfile_EPT_truecolor12.sh
But that seems to be another problem. The arbitrary <typemap> tag can also be found in type-ghostscript.xml.in

Thanks for your help so far.

Regards,
Frank.
magick
Site Admin

Post by magick »

We're clueless where that came from. We check the source distribution and the type-ghostscript.xml.in file is in a proper validated format.
fab

Post by fab »

I am so sorry. A colleague of mine ran some patches he had derived from Mandrake against the vanilla sources. One of those patches breaks the xml file...

Sorry again, that's quite embarrassing for me.

Regards,
Frank.