Can ImageMagick++ based apps check app folder for coder dlls

Questions and postings pertaining to the development of ImageMagick, feature enhancements, and ImageMagick internals. ImageMagick source code and algorithms are discussed here. Usage questions which are too arcane for the normal user list should also be posted here.
aer
Authentication code: 6789

Can ImageMagick++ based apps check app folder for coder dlls

Post by aer »

I'm creating an application that uses ImageMagick++ to load and convert a sequence of pngs into gifs.

Everything works on my dev machine (unless I uninstall ImageMagick++), but it crashes on other users machines when it tries to use the gif and png coders. I don't want end users to have to install ImageMagick in order to user the software.

It requires IM_MOD_RL_gif_.dll and IM_MOD_RL_png_.dll from the ImageMagick install directory: C:\Program Files (x86)\ImageMagick-6.8.9-Q16\modules\coders

It finds all the dlls and functions correctly when copied to the local directory except the coders.
Which don't work regardless of whether I copy them directly to the program directory. The following locations also failed (based off of advice I found elsewhere on the web).

applicationDir/
applicationDir/ImageMagick-6.8.9-Q16/modules/coders
applicationDir/bin/ImageMagick-6.8.9-Q16/modules/coders
applicationDir/modules/coders

Is there anyway to make an application using ImageMagick++ check the local directory for coder dll's without having to rebuild ImageMagick++ myself?
magick
Site Admin

Re: Can ImageMagick++ based apps check app folder for coder

Post by magick »

Have you tried the portable Windows version of ImageMagick @ http://www.imagemagick.org/download/bin ... indows.zip? Its a static build and does not consult the Windows registry.
aer

Post by aer »

magick wrote:Have you tried the portable Windows version of ImageMagick @ http://www.imagemagick.org/download/bin ... indows.zip? Its a static build and does not consult the Windows registry.
I may have misunderstood, but isn't that just for me to use as an end user of ImageMagick? I'm trying to use the libraries to write my own application.
magick
Site Admin

Post by magick »

It is generally recommended for developers that do not want to deal with installing ImageMagick. The portable release can link into your application and be distribution with your application without any fuss-- that is not installer, no registry entries required.
aer

Post by aer »

EDIT: Never mind. I misunderstood the requirements with the environment variables. This is workable as is.

Thanks for your help and patience.