Detect if page is in frame

Questions and postings pertaining to the usage of ImageMagick regardless of the interface. This includes the command-line utilities, as well as the C and C++ APIs. Usage questions are like "How do I use ImageMagick to create drop shadows?".
galv
Authentication code: 8675308

Detect if page is in frame

Post by galv »

I want to scan some documents and I want to know when a page is "in the frame" of the camera. What I mean by this is the optimal distance from camera to page document (but without cutting any of the document). I want to run the detection program in a loop, so that the user calibrates the camera distance for each document before scanning.

How can I do this?
fmw42
Authentication code: 1152

Re: Detect if page is in frame

Post by fmw42 »

galv wrote:I want to scan some documents and I want to know when a page is "in the frame" of the camera. What I mean by this is the optimal distance from camera to page document (but without cutting any of the document). I want to run the detection program in a loop, so that the user calibrates the camera distance for each document before scanning.

How can I do this?

You will need to explain in more detail and possible show examples of what you mean by in frame and out of frame.