operation name

Post any defects you find in the released or beta versions of the ImageMagick software here. Include the ImageMagick version, OS, and any command-line required to reproduce the problem. Got a patch for a bug? Post it here.
el_supremo

operation name

Post by el_supremo »

In the docs there is the operation -respect-parentheses but convert does not recognize this, it only accepts -respect-parenthesis.
Could convert be changed to accept the way it is spelled in the docs (since the plural makes more sense)?

Pete
Sorry, my ISP shutdown all personal webspace so my MagickWand Examples in C is offline.
See my message in this topic for a link to a zip of all the files.
fmw42
Authentication code: 1152

Re: operation name

Post by fmw42 »

el_supremo wrote:In the docs there is the operation -respect-parentheses but convert does not recognize this, it only accepts -respect-parenthesis.
Could convert be changed to accept the way it is spelled in the docs (since the plural makes more sense)?

Pete
Pete,

It used to allow either. The -respect-parentheses was added for the reason you asked. Are you sure they both are not working?

They both seem to be working for me (see http://www.imagemagick.org/Usage/basics ... arenthesis)

These work as advertised for me. (I had to change Gecko to Helvetica as I did not have Gecko font).

convert -pointsize 24 \
-font Candice label:Outside \
\( label:Inside \
-font Helvetica label:Inside \) \
label:Outside -append cmd_settings1.gif

convert -respect-parenthesis -pointsize 24 \
label:Outside -append cmd_settings2.gif

convert -respect-parentheses -pointsize 24 \
label:Outside -append cmd_settings3.gif

Fred
el_supremo

Re: operation name

Post by el_supremo »

Oh rats. I'm using an old version of IM. Time to upgrade.
Thanks Fred.

Pete
Sorry, my ISP shutdown all personal webspace so my MagickWand Examples in C is offline.
See my message in this topic for a link to a zip of all the files.