QuantumDepth in Perl doesn't work anymore

Post any defects you find in the released or beta versions of the ImageMagick software here. Include the ImageMagick version, OS, and any command-line required to reproduce the problem. Got a patch for a bug? Post it here.
codemann8

QuantumDepth in Perl doesn't work anymore

Post by codemann8 »

I recently installed 6.5.7-3 from a binary release (Win32 Dynamic Q16). I previously had 6.5.3-?. I run my code and now get the following error. Note, I'm not the original creator of the code so I'm not sure everything that goes on in the code. I'm trying to run a Perl script and it bugs out with the error:
Error wrote:C:\CVS\spopt\bin>generateCharts.pl C:\CVS\spopt\cfg\ghm.cfg
reading C:/CVS/spopt/bin/../assets/gamefiles/GuitarHeroMetallica/x360/aceofspades.mid.qb
Generating blank chart for ghm:aceofspades.mid.qb:guitar:expert
Your vendor has not defined PerlMagick macro Spopt::SongPainter::QuantumDepth, used at C:/CVS/spopt/bin/../lib/Spopt/SongPainter.pm line 731.
On the line it errors out:

Code: Select all

728: my $x = $PIXEL_WIDTH;
729: my $y = $self->{_numrows} * $PIXELS_PER_SINGLE_ROW + $HEADER_PIXELS + $FOOTER_MARGIN_PIXELS + $FOOTER_PIXELS;
730: my $im = Image::Magick->new(size=>"${x}x$y");
731: $QUANTUM_DEPTH = $im->QuantumDepth;
It looks like its just a Image::Magick object calling QuantumDepth, I don't see the problem.

Now that I've uninstalled 6.5.3, I cannot go back as I don't have the binary install file and I've tried for days to get a source installation to work.
magick
Site Admin

Re: QuantumDepth in Perl doesn't work anymore

Post by magick »

We don't have access to Windows right now, however, in the mean-time this works on our Linux box:

use Image::Magick;

print QuantumDepth, "\n";
$im=Image::Magick->new();
print $im->QuantumDepth, "\n";
16 is returned as expected. When we get a chance tomorrow we'll test the script under Windows.
codemann8

Post by codemann8 »

magick wrote:

print QuantumDepth, "\n";
&

print $im->QuantumDepth, "\n";
^ Both throw the same error "Your vendor..." as before

EDIT: Also, I got my hands on a 6.5.5-2 binary release, and it produces the same error. Must've been something prior to that release.

Quite curiously, I've noticed that the PerlMagick directory now has a .ppd file in it while the previous versions seemed to have more files included, including a Magick.xs. Don't know if that has something to do with it.
codemann8

Post by codemann8 »

Hi,
Have you checked this on a Windows machine yet?

Also note the EDIT in the last post
magick
Site Admin

Post by magick »

The script we posted worked fine under Windows XP and Windows 7, that it, it returns 16 twice as expected.
codemann8

Post by codemann8 »

Would you have any suggestions as to finding out why QuantumDepth is giving me problems?
magick
Site Admin

Post by magick »

In general, we can only fix problems we can reproduce. We're clueless why its failing for you.