convert a tiff multi-page to multi single page pdf

Post any defects you find in the released or beta versions of the ImageMagick software here. Include the ImageMagick version, OS, and any command-line required to reproduce the problem. Got a patch for a bug? Post it here.
Alphamax

convert a tiff multi-page to multi single page pdf

Post by Alphamax »

good morning from France,

my name is Christian. I try to convert a multi page tiff scanned to single page in pdf. When i convert the first page, i use command :

convert image.tiff[0-0] 0.pdf

This running perfectly (i have a message about a bad field 32934 in the tiff) and, i obtains a pdf file of ~25ko. But, when i convert the last image with the same command (with [1-1] if the tiff has 2 pages), the weigth of the pdf is near to 5 mo !

I tried with more than 2 pages, and the result is the same ! the last pdf is big.

I use the last version of ImageMagick and the tiff is producted from "Imaging" (an old windows 2000 station).

thank you for you help.

Christian
Alphamax

Re: convert a tiff multi-page to multi single page pdf

Post by Alphamax »

Hi,

nobody known ?

Thank

Christian
fmw42
Authentication code: 1152

Re: convert a tiff multi-page to multi single page pdf

Post by fmw42 »

I think you should review frame indexing at http://www.imagemagick.org/Usage/basics/#image_seq

I am not an expert on this and could be wrong, but I think [-1] is the correct syntax for just the last frame and [0--1] is the correct syntax for all frames, [0] is just the first frame and [0-2] is the first 3 frames.