Binary Builds for Mac OSX lacking of JPG and others) support

Post any defects you find in the released or beta versions of the ImageMagick software here. Include the ImageMagick version, OS, and any command-line required to reproduce the problem. Got a patch for a bug? Post it here.
sschmitz
Authentication code: 67789

Binary Builds for Mac OSX lacking of JPG and others) support

Post by sschmitz »

Hello,
I observed that there is no support at least for JPG and TIFF (which is important to me) in binary builds for MacOS (see my post Binary Build for Mac OSX).
I observed this in builds 'ImageMagick-x86_64-apple-darwin11.4.0.tar.gz' and 'ImageMagick-x86_64-apple-darwin12.1.0.tar.gz'.
Can you re-enable support for this formats in future builds?
Thanks a lot.
fmw42
Authentication code: 1152

Re: Binary Builds for Mac OSX lacking of JPG and others) sup

Post by fmw42 »

Are you sure?

What do you get from

convert -list configure | grep -i "delegates"

does it show jpg?
sschmitz

Post by sschmitz »

As stated in Binary Build for Mac OSX I got an error when I execute the command. If I look manually into the lib directory the $MAGICK_LIB/lib/ImageMagick-6.7.9/config/configure.xml/configuration.xml reads as follows:

Code: Select all

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE configuremap [
<!ELEMENT configuremap (configure)+>
<!ELEMENT configure (#PCDATA)>
<!ATTLIST configure name CDATA #REQUIRED>
<!ATTLIST configure value CDATA #REQUIRED>
]>
<configuremap>
  <configure name="NAME" value="ImageMagick"/>
  <configure name="VERSION" value="6.7.9"/>
  <configure name="LIB_VERSION" value="0x679"/>
  <configure name="LIB_VERSION_NUMBER" value="6,7,9,2"/>
  <configure name="SVN_REVISION" value="9117" />
  <configure name="RELEASE_DATE" value="2012-08-25"/>
  <configure name="CONFIGURE" value="./configure  '--disable-dependency-tracking' '--disable-installed' '--enable-delegate-build' '--enable-shared' '--disable-static' '--with-modules' '--without-frozenpaths' '--prefix=/ImageMagick-6.7.9'"/>
  <configure name="PREFIX" value="/ImageMagick-6.7.9"/>
  <configure name="EXEC-PREFIX" value="/ImageMagick-6.7.9"/>
  <configure name="INCLUDE_PATH" value="/ImageMagick-6.7.9/include/ImageMagick"/>
  <configure name="CONFIGURE_PATH" value="/ImageMagick-6.7.9/etc/ImageMagick/"/>
  <configure name="SHARE_PATH" value="/ImageMagick-6.7.9/share/ImageMagick-6.7.9"/>
  <configure name="DOCUMENTATION_PATH" value="/ImageMagick-6.7.9/share/doc/ImageMagick-6.7.9"/>
  <configure name="EXECUTABLE_PATH" value="/ImageMagick-6.7.9/bin"/>
  <configure name="LIBRARY_PATH" value="/ImageMagick-6.7.9/lib/ImageMagick-6.7.9"/>
  <configure name="CODER_PATH" value="/ImageMagick-6.7.9/lib/ImageMagick-6.7.9/modules-Q16/coders"/>
  <configure name="FILTER_PATH" value="/ImageMagick-6.7.9/lib/ImageMagick-6.7.9/modules-Q16/filters"/>
  <configure name="CC" value="gcc -std=gnu99 -std=gnu99"/>
  <configure name="CFLAGS" value="-fopenmp -g -O2 -Wall -D_THREAD_SAFE -pthread"/>
  <configure name="CPPFLAGS" value="-I/ImageMagick-6.7.9/include/ImageMagick"/>
  <configure name="PCFLAGS" value="-fopenmp"/>
  <configure name="DEFS" value="-DHAVE_CONFIG_H"/>
  <configure name="LDFLAGS" value="-L/ImageMagick-6.7.9/lib -L/Users/cristy/ImageMagick-6.7.9-2/magick -L/Users/cristy/ImageMagick-6.7.9-2/wand -L/usr/X11/lib -R/usr/X11/lib -L/opt/X11/lib"/>
  <configure name="LIBS" value="-lMagickCore -lfreetype -lXext -lSM -lICE -lX11 -lXt -lbz2 -lz -lm -lgomp -Wl,-framework,OpenCL -lpthread "/>
  <configure name="CXX" value="g++"/>
  <configure name="CXXFLAGS" value="-g -O2 -D_THREAD_SAFE -pthread"/>
  <configure name="DISTCHECK_CONFIG_FLAGS" value="--disable-deprecated --disable-installed --with-quantum-depth=16 --with-umem=no --with-autotrace=no --with-gslib=no --with-fontpath= --with-gvc=no --with-rsvg=no --with-wmf=no --with-perl=no"/>
  <configure name="TARGET_CPU" value="x86_64"/>
  <configure name="TARGET_VENDOR" value="apple"/>
  <configure name="TARGET_OS" value="darwin12.1.0"/>
  <configure name="HOST" value="x86_64-apple-darwin12.1.0"/>
  <configure name="FEATURES" value="OpenCL OpenMP "/>
  <configure name="DELEGATES" value="bzlib freetype png x11 xml zlib"/>
  <configure name="COPYRIGHT" value="Copyright (C) 1999-2012 ImageMagick Studio LLC"/>
  <configure name="WEBSITE" value="http://www.imagemagick.org"/>
  <configure name="QuantumDepth" value="16"/>
From my point of view there is no jpg delegate. Additionally I observed that there is no LDFLAGS -llibjpeg as I expected and already mentioned in previous topic.
sschmitz

Post by sschmitz »

Hello,

I would like to ask if there are any comments or progress on this one or if I may provide additional data or help otherwise.

Thanks
Stefan