Runtime Problem for Normal User on Windows XP SP3

Post any defects you find in the released or beta versions of the ImageMagick software here. Include the ImageMagick version, OS, and any command-line required to reproduce the problem. Got a patch for a bug? Post it here.
djhreg
Authentication code: 8675308

Runtime Problem for Normal User on Windows XP SP3

Post by djhreg »

After being busy for a few months, I upgraded from ImageMagick-6.7.3-Q16 to ImageMagick-6.7.4-7-Q16 to see if a previously reported problem was fixed and was pleased to see that it was (thanks!)

Unfortunately, I have a new problem. I have multiple users defined on my system. I use Administrator when doing installations or maintenance. I use a "normal" user account for all other day to day activity to have at least some level of protection against malware and even my own inadvertent mistakes.

Following the instructions, I first logged on as Administrator and used the Control Panel to uninstall ImageMagick-6.7.3-Q16. No problems uninstalling. I then installed ImageMagick-6.7.4-7-Q16 accepting all defaults. Again, no problems or error messages.

Now, if I open a DOS prompt and run my test case as an Administrator, it works perfectly:

C:\temp>convert x1.svg x1.gif

C:\temp>

The file is rendered as expected (and the previously reported text alignment problem is fixed)

However, if I log off and log on as a normal user (no administrator privileges) and run the same test in the same directory, I get this:

C:\temp>convert x1.svg x1.gif
convert.exe: no decode delegate for this image format `x1.svg' @ error/constitut
e.c/ReadImage/532.
convert.exe: missing an image filename `x1.gif' @ error/convert.c/ConvertImageCo
mmand/3016.

C:\temp>

If I open the DOS prompt using "run as" and run the DOS prompt as Administrator, it works fine again.

I don't remember this being a problem in the previous version...(?)

(By the way, the previous problem which has indeed been fixed was reported here:
http://www.multipole.org/discourse-serv ... =1&t=19788
and titled: "Text Offset Probem with SVG 1.1 Specification Example"
)

??

Thanks,

David Hetherington
Austin, Texas USA
whugemann
Authentication code: 8675308

Re: Runtime Problem for Normal User on Windows XP SP3

Post by whugemann »

Sounds like there are some registry keys in HKCU which are not present for all users. Logged on a s the administrator, take a look under HKCU\Software\ImageMagick\Current and see whether all keys under there are present for all users.

See also viewtopic.php?f=3&t=20124
Wolfgang Hugemann