resizing display windows

Post any defects you find in the released or beta versions of the ImageMagick software here. Include the ImageMagick version, OS, and any command-line required to reproduce the problem. Got a patch for a bug? Post it here.
emocean
Authentication code: 8675308

resizing display windows

Post by emocean »

Hi, this is an issue I have when using the 'display' command on a Mandriva 2011 linux system. When I open an image at the command line ($display someimage.png) I can move the window around the screen by pointing and clicking at the bar at the top of the window. However, if I resize the image in any way (e.g., $display -sample 500 someimage.png, or by halving the image size using the menu) the window no longer has a bar at the top, and I cannot move the image. This means that it is almost impossible to quickly open up a series of images (if I want to compare them).
In an earlier version of Mandriva (2009) the bar did not disappear. I've checked Mandriva 2010, and in that version the bar does disappear, so it seems the change occurred during this period.
I don't know if this is a Mandriva/KDE change, or something changed by ImageMagick, but I would be very interested in regaining the earlier behaviour of 'display'.

Grateful for any help...
magick
Site Admin

Re: resizing display windows

Post by magick »

The bar you mention is not under our control. It is a X11 window manager decoration and the bug report should be reported to Mandriva support.