use convert Mac OS 10.7 (Lion)

Post any defects you find in the released or beta versions of the ImageMagick software here. Include the ImageMagick version, OS, and any command-line required to reproduce the problem. Got a patch for a bug? Post it here.
beni46
Authentication code: 8675309

use convert Mac OS 10.7 (Lion)

Post by beni46 »

Hello ImageMagick team,

I try to use the convert program from the ImageMagick project with the preview of Mac OS 10.7 (Lion) but I failed.

In a first time, I download the ImageMagick binary release for mac at this adress : http://www.imagemagick.org/download/bin ... 7.0.tar.gz

I have followed the following instruction : http://www.imagemagick.org/script/binary-releases.php (Mac part of course)

My original goal is to use convert program in one of my software.
But when I try to execute it in an other program, convert crash and the report crash show me that libclparser.dylib cannot be loaded correctly.
This lib is supposed to be a system lib and it is suppose to be at this following path :
/System/Library/Frameworks/OpenCL.framework/Versions/A/Libraries/libclparser.dylib

But in OS Lion this lib does not exist anymore (I don't know why, maybe the preview is incomplete).

After that, I think that if I compile ImageMagick by myself then it will be possible to avoid this dependency.

I get the last project on svn repository (rev 4718 /branches/ImageMagick-6.7.1)
I follow instructions of the file "Install-mac.txt"

I get a new convert program and this time convert didn't depend of libclparser.dylib (Yeah!), but when I try to use convert like that:
convert logo.jpeg logo.gif
I get the follwing answer : Launch of "convert" failed: the PowerPC architecture is no longer supported.

To resolve this issue I have tried to use configure with other parameters (like --enable-osx-universal-binary).
By default the "Install-mac.txt file tell us to use configure like that
./configure --prefix=/opt --with-quantum-depth=16 \
--disable-dependency-tracking --with-x=yes \
--x-includes=/usr/X11R6/include --x-libraries=/usr/X11R6/lib/ \
--without-perl

But I didn't succeed to compile it.

I try to follow instruction wrote in this topic : viewtopic.php?f=1&t=13145
But I didn't make it too.

Maybe it is too soon to talk about Mac OS Lion but I want to be compliant before the finale release of the OS Lion.

Any help will be really appreciate,
Thank you for reading.
magick
Site Admin

Re: use convert Mac OS 10.7 (Lion)

Post by magick »

When Lion is released we will provide a Mac OS X binary distribution for Lion. Until then you will need to build ImageMagick from source. If you post the output of the build command under Lion, we might be able to help fix the problem. Otherwise, just hold off for a few weeks. Lion should be out soon and we'll build ImageMagick and fix any complaints we encounter.
beni46

Post by beni46 »

Thank you for your answer Magick.
It is not an emergency, so I will wait few weeks your build.

Thank you again and have a nice day.
beni46

Post by beni46 »

Do you have any news about the compilation of ImageMagick under Lion?

Thanks again for your help
magick
Site Admin

Post by magick »

grmbrand
Authentication code: 8675308

Post by grmbrand »

This seems like a good place to follow up on this...

I've downloaded the source and built it on my (OS X Lion) system. Build looks good, and 'make check' gets to Magick++/demo/flip.sh without problems. However, it then hangs on Magick++/demo/gravity. No error messages, but it pegs one of my CPU cores at 100% and stays there. Let me know if there's anything that I can do to help you investigate this.