webcam

Questions and postings pertaining to the usage of ImageMagick regardless of the interface. This includes the command-line utilities, as well as the C and C++ APIs. Usage questions are like "How do I use ImageMagick to create drop shadows?".
spectre
Authentication code: 8675308

webcam

Post by spectre »

Is it possible to grab an image from a webcam with the C magickwands api ?

regards

spectre
anthony

Re: webcam

Post by anthony »

Depends on the situation.

If the image is actually on a the web (it is a web cam afetr all) then you can just give the URL as the image filename. More typically you may need to run the appropriate application to either pipe the image into your IM, (or using a popen() type library call) or save it to a temporary file for IM to read it. Under UNIX/Linux/MaxOSX that temporary file could be a named pipe, and the application run in background, so that no actual file is saved onto disk, only buffered.

There are many many many techniques that could be used depending on just what you have access to.
Anthony Thyssen -- Webmaster for ImageMagick Example Pages
https://imagemagick.org/Usage/
spectre

Post by spectre »

Dear Mr.Anthony,

the webcam is connected directly on the usb of the pc where I run the test program.

I'm a newbie,but if I've understood correctly from your reply,is possible to grab an image from the local webcam without
big problems.

Just I need to study the C magick wand api.

What do you suggest about this ? :) Do you agree ?

regards

Spectre
anthony

Post by anthony »

There should be some software with the webcam to get images from it. That is the best bet.
Anthony Thyssen -- Webmaster for ImageMagick Example Pages
https://imagemagick.org/Usage/