PDF to JPG created with Acrobat 9 Problem

Post any defects you find in the released or beta versions of the ImageMagick software here. Include the ImageMagick version, OS, and any command-line required to reproduce the problem. Got a patch for a bug? Post it here.
DjPizat

PDF to JPG created with Acrobat 9 Problem

Post by DjPizat »

Hello,
When i create a PDF using Acrobat 8.2.1 and try to convert it to a JPG everything works great.
When i create the same exact PDF using Acrobat 9.2.0 i receive the following error message:

Error: /syntaxerror in readxref
Operand stack:

Execution stack:
%interp_exit .runexec2 --nostringval-- --nostringval-- --nostringval-- 2 %stopped_push --nostringval-- --nostringval-- --nostringval-- false 1 %stopped_push 1 3 %oparray_pop 1 3 %oparray_pop --nostringval-- --nostringval-- --nostringval-- --nostringval-- --nostringval-- --nostringval--
Dictionary stack:
--dict:1060/1417(ro)(G)-- --dict:0/20(G)-- --dict:73/200(L)-- --dict:73/200(L)-- --dict:97/127(ro)(G)-- --dict:229/230(ro)(G)-- --dict:14/15(L)--
Current allocation mode is local

This is the code that I'm using to create the JPGs:
$temp = exec("convert -colorspace RGB -interlace none -quality 70 -density 72 test.pdf sample.jpg", $output, $result);

If anyone has any ideas on how to fix this please let me know.
Thanks!
-Pat
magick
Site Admin

Re: PDF to JPG created with Acrobat 9 Problem

Post by magick »

Can you post a URL to your PDF image. We need to reproduce the problem before we can comment.
anthony
Authentication code: 8675308

Post by anthony »

Also it may be Acrobat 9 is using a PDF feature that was not implemented in your installed version of Ghostscript. Does acrobat 9 have options for other PDF versions?
Anthony Thyssen -- Webmaster for ImageMagick Example Pages
https://imagemagick.org/Usage/
DjPizat

Post by DjPizat »

I'm looking into this further I will keep you posted. Thanks for the replies
DjPizat

Post by DjPizat »

Ok so good news is that if i use Acrobat 9 and export it to either PDF/A, PDF/E, or PDF/X it works, but a regular create PDF from file does not. This is a link to the PDF I created using Acrobat 9 that does not work. http://www.mmb580.com/docs/pdf/Regular.pdf If anyone has any insight has to why this PDF doesn't work but exporting to PDF/A does work that would be great. I'm assuming it is a feature conflict with Acrobat 9 and the version of GS I'm running.
Drarakel
Authentication code: 8675308

Post by Drarakel »

I have no problem with this file - with ImageMagick 6.6.3-1 and Ghostscript 8.71.
(By the way: If you have problems with some PDFs and can't update Ghostscript, then you could try a tool like pdftk. I have sometimes problems with an image extracting tool - that can't access every PDF. After simply copying the files with "pdftk file.pdf output file2.pdf", I can access these files, too.)