EPS to TIFF causes crash of IM

Post any defects you find in the released or beta versions of the ImageMagick software here. Include the ImageMagick version, OS, and any command-line required to reproduce the problem. Got a patch for a bug? Post it here.
steven_b46

EPS to TIFF causes crash of IM

Post by steven_b46 »

I have many graphics that we convert from EPS to TIF using imagemagick. Lately, I'm getting an error about bmpsep8 and gsdll_init returns 1 and IM would crash. After reading a few threads, I saw a message about installing a newer version of Ghostscript (not sure what GS has to do with imagemagick). Anyway, after installing the latest version of gs, I no longer get a crash with IM, but the image generated is blank. The EPS images were created with Illustrator 10 (I believe). Any ideas? Would appreciate any help!!! Thanks!!!!
magick
Site Admin

Re: EPS to TIFF causes crash of IM

Post by magick »

Post a URL to one or two EPS images. We need to download it and reproduce the problem before we can help.
steven_b46

Post by steven_b46 »

you can use this one... http://www.slywaretech.com/junk/k7036035.eps

THANK YOU. BTW, if there's something our illustrator operators can do to prevent this from happening, let me know.
magick
Site Admin

Post by magick »

Can you verify this image? We're getting a pure white image with Ghostscript and a pure black image with ImageMagick.

If ImageMagick detect CMYK colors, it loks for the bmpsep8 driver. Add -colorspace rgb before the image filename to use the pnmraw driver instead.