How to copy & paste a section of each image in a sequence

Questions and postings pertaining to the usage of ImageMagick regardless of the interface. This includes the command-line utilities, as well as the C and C++ APIs. Usage questions are like "How do I use ImageMagick to create drop shadows?".
wildbug

How to copy & paste a section of each image in a sequence

Post by wildbug »

I have several hundred images with a gradient background and a logo in the left corner. I'd like to remove the logo by copying the background in the right corner and pasting it over the logo in the left corner. At least, that's how I'd do it in photo editing software.

Can I do this without using mogrify and modifying the original image? I'm running a convert command on these images anyway (to create reduced sizes), and I'd like to use a single command without multiple commands and intermediate images.

As I understand image sequences/stacks, if I did something like clone and crop the section I want, it'd only become another image in the sequence; it wouldn't be applied to all the images in the sequence, right?
wildbug

Re: How to copy & paste a section of each image in a sequence

Post by wildbug »

Instead of doing it the "*.bmp" way, I did it with a Bash shell for loop.

But I'd still be interested if this is possible to do in an image stack... you know... for my own edification.