Read crashes

Post any defects you find in the released or beta versions of the ImageMagick software here. Include the ImageMagick version, OS, and any command-line required to reproduce the problem. Got a patch for a bug? Post it here.
Zarahk

Read crashes

Post by Zarahk »

Hi all,

It really seems a bug, and I'll be glad if someone tells me I'm wrong.
Here's the thing: I've just installed ImageMagick-6.5.3-2-Q16-windows-dll with ActivePerl extensions. I have ActivePerl-5.10.0.1005-MSWin32-x86-290470 although I'm running on a Vista x64. I've chosen this install because of PerlMagick, that comes with the IM pack. My "use Image::Magick" is ok. The only thing is that the "$image->Read(file=>\*IMAGE);" command crashes, and I get "Perl Command Line Interpreter gas stopped working" on Windows. Below, the situation on my sub. I'm creating thumbnails. I'm pretty shure that the problem is the "Read" line beacuse if I comment it the program just works fine, although without the desired result (I get image files of 0 KB):

sub puthumb {
$thumb = $_[0];
$img = $imgdir.$_[0];

$image = Image::Magick->new;
open(IMAGE, $img);
$image->Read(file=>\*IMAGE);
close(IMAGE);

$image->Resize(geometry=>'90x90+90+90');
open(IMAGE, ">pic/$thumb");
$image->Write(file=>\*IMAGE, filename=>"pic/".$thumb);
close(IMAGE);
undef $image;

$thumb = $thumb;
}
magick
Site Admin

Re: Read crashes

Post by magick »

We can reproduce the problem you reported and have a patch. Look for it in the next point release. Thanks.
Zarahk

Post by Zarahk »

Well, thank you very much! :) Loved the answer!
Zarahk

Post by Zarahk »

I'm sorry to note that ImageMagick 6.5.4-2 Q16 is still not doing the deed. I can paciently wait, no problem. Thanks in advance.