DONT DELETE BIG TEMP FILES

Post any defects you find in the released or beta versions of the ImageMagick software here. Include the ImageMagick version, OS, and any command-line required to reproduce the problem. Got a patch for a bug? Post it here.
Luis Corrales

DONT DELETE BIG TEMP FILES

Post by Luis Corrales »

I'm using the 6.5.0-5 Q16 Version of imagemagick with classic ASP, to handle images on my web site.

And i'm getting a lot of "magick-xxxxx" files on my temp directory (about 12mb each one) and the last week i get from the server an alert of low disk space.

this files stay forever on the temp directory, i think is a file leak.

my code is:

' Ajusta el tamaño de la imagen
Dim img, ImgRes
Set img = Server.CreateObject("ImageMagickObject.MagickImage.1")

'Crea marca de agua
img.convert "-size=380x70","xc:black","-pointsize=45","-font=Arial","-fill=white","-stroke=white","-strokewidth=1","-draw=text 10,55 'ID " & PropID & "'","+trim",Rutatemp & PropID & ".gif"
img.convert Rutatemp & propid & ".gif","-negate","-background=gray69","-channel=A","-combine",Rutatemp & propid & ".png"

'proceso de fotos
ImgRes = img.Montage(Rutatemp & Resultado,"-geometry=280x210+0+0","-bordercolor=white", Rutatemp & Resultado)
ImgRes = img.composite("-gravity=SouthEast","-geometry=+18+40","-dissolve=60",Rutatemp & propid & ".png","-resize=60x60",Rutatemp & Resultado,Rutatemp & Resultado)

ImgRes = img.Montage(Rutatemp & "S" & Resultado,"-geometry=100x75+0+0","-bordercolor=white", Rutatemp & "S" & Resultado)

ImgRes = img.Montage(Rutatemp & "L" & Resultado,"-geometry=640x480+0+0","-bordercolor=white", Rutatemp & "L" & Resultado)
ImgRes = img.composite("-gravity=SouthEast","-geometry=+80+90","-dissolve=60",Rutatemp & propid & ".png","-resize=60x60",Rutatemp & "L" & Resultado,Rutatemp & "L" & Resultado)

hope you can help me with this trouble.
magick
Site Admin

Re: DONT DELETE BIG TEMP FILES

Post by magick »

If you suspect a temporary file leak, post a command that we can issue to reproduce the problem. If we can reproduce the leak we will have a patch / fix within a day or two.
Luis Corrales

Post by Luis Corrales »

' Ajusta el tamaño de la imagen
Dim img, ImgRes
Set img = Server.CreateObject("ImageMagickObject.MagickImage.1")

'Crea marca de agua
img.convert "-size=380x70","xc:black","-pointsize=45","-font=Arial","-fill=white","-stroke=white","-strokewidth=1","-draw=text 10,55 'ID " & PropID & "'","+trim",Rutatemp & PropID & ".gif"
img.convert Rutatemp & propid & ".gif","-negate","-background=gray69","-channel=A","-combine",Rutatemp & propid & ".png"

'proceso de fotos
ImgRes = img.Montage(Rutatemp & Resultado,"-geometry=280x210+0+0","-bordercolor=white", Rutatemp & Resultado)
ImgRes = img.composite("-gravity=SouthEast","-geometry=+18+40","-dissolve=60",Rutatemp & propid & ".png","-resize=60x60",Rutatemp & Resultado,Rutatemp & Resultado)

ImgRes = img.Montage(Rutatemp & "S" & Resultado,"-geometry=100x75+0+0","-bordercolor=white", Rutatemp & "S" & Resultado)

ImgRes = img.Montage(Rutatemp & "L" & Resultado,"-geometry=640x480+0+0","-bordercolor=white", Rutatemp & "L" & Resultado)
ImgRes = img.composite("-gravity=SouthEast","-geometry=+80+90","-dissolve=60",Rutatemp & propid & ".png","-resize=60x60",Rutatemp & "L" & Resultado,Rutatemp & "L" & Resultado)
magick
Site Admin

Post by magick »

First we need to determine if the problem is in ImageMagick or the ImageMagickObject. Post a command that you can run from the command line that leaves behind a temporary file. If you cannot, the problem may be in the ImageMagickObject. If so, post a minimal script we can use to reproduce the problem, preferably just a few lines of code that we can download and run to reproduce the file leak.
Luis Corrales

Post by Luis Corrales »

Hi there:

I don't know why but i change the temporary files directory and i dont get anymore this "magick-*" files.

this solve my problem.

thanks for reply.

Luis.