Mac OS X PDF's with images not converting to PNG

Post any defects you find in the released or beta versions of the ImageMagick software here. Include the ImageMagick version, OS, and any command-line required to reproduce the problem. Got a patch for a bug? Post it here.
Marcus

Mac OS X PDF's with images not converting to PNG

Post by Marcus »

Hi,

when I create pdf's with images in Mac OS X Pages or Numbers, I can not convert these pdf's with ImageMagick.

Other PDF's are converting without any problems on my Server!!! And other PDF's (generated under Windows / Adobe) with images are also converting without any problems.

Code: Select all

[root@www folder]# convert xls_with_images.pdf xls_with_images.png
convert: Postscript delegate failed `xls_with_images.pdf': No such file or directory @ pdf.c/ReadPDFImage/612.
convert: missing an image filename `xls_with_images.png' @ convert.c/ConvertImageCommand/2766.
My PDF has the following information: Mac OS X 10.5.6 Quartz PDFContext

If you want one of those PDF's, I will send you a copy.

Here my Versions:

Version: ImageMagick 6.4.9-4 2009-02-18 Q16 OpenMP http://www.imagemagick.org
Copyright: Copyright (C) 1999-2009 ImageMagick Studio LLC

ESP Ghostscript 8.15.2 (2006-04-19)
Copyright (C) 2004 artofcode LLC, Benicia, CA. All rights reserved.

Is there a trick to convert these PDF's also with ImageMagick? Any command line option? Or is this a bug?

You know: "It's not a bug, it's a feature!" :D

Thanks.

Marcus
magick
Site Admin

Re: Mac OS X PDF's with images not converting to PNG

Post by magick »

Post a URL to one of your PDF's that fail to convert properly. We need to download it and reproduce the problem before we can offer a solution.
Marcus

Post by Marcus »

magick wrote:Post a URL to one of your PDF's that fail to convert properly. We need to download it and reproduce the problem before we can offer a solution.
Can I send you an email? Now, I don't have the opportunity to put the file on a webserver.

Marcus
magick
Site Admin

Post by magick »

Just press the PM button to send us a private message.
magick
Site Admin

Post by magick »

You may need to upgrade your version of Ghostscript. We're using Ghostscript 8.64 and ImageMagick 6.4.9-5 and the conversion worked as expected:
  • convert -colorspace rgb -density 400 xls_with_images.pdf -resize 25% xls_with_images.png