Problem with black image while adding text

Post any defects you find in the released or beta versions of the ImageMagick software here. Include the ImageMagick version, OS, and any command-line required to reproduce the problem. Got a patch for a bug? Post it here.
zwindvincent

Problem with black image while adding text

Post by zwindvincent »

Dear all,

I have faced the following problem.

When I try the following command:

convert inputimage.tif -gravity NorthEast -pointsize 55 -draw "text 150,45 'Hello World'" outputimage.tif

the output image is a fully black image rather than a image with text.The inputimage.tif is a Bi-level image.

However , the text can be added when I using another GrayScale tif image (inputimage2.tif ) , the text can be added.

Thus, I would like to convert the inputimage.tif to Grayscale such that text could be added on it. I use the following command:

convert -type Grayscale inputimage.tif grayimage.tif

the command could run with no error but the when i check the grayimage.tif (i use identify -verbose grayimage.tif ) , the type is still Bilevel.

So, could anyone helps me to change a Bilevel tif image to Grayscale image?

For details, please see this post:

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=12521
zwindvincent

Re: Problem with black image while adding text

Post by zwindvincent »

For sample image , please provide an email address such that I could send to you to investigate. ( Sorry that I can't post the image here as it is a confidential document ) . Many thx.

Vincent