Possible Bug in IM 6.4.0-9

Post any defects you find in the released or beta versions of the ImageMagick software here. Include the ImageMagick version, OS, and any command-line required to reproduce the problem. Got a patch for a bug? Post it here.
fmw42
Authentication code: 1152

Possible Bug in IM 6.4.0-9

Post by fmw42 »

Hello,

Many of my scripts are now failing in IM 6.4.0-9 Q16-hdri due to a change, I think, in -regards-warnings.

If I do:

if convert -quiet -regard-warnings rose: +repage rose.png
then
echo "OK"
else
echo "BAD"
fi

It returns BAD

If I do:

if convert -quiet rose: +repage rose.png
then
echo "OK"
else
echo "BAD"
fi

It returns OK.

The use of -regards-warnings has not caused this problem in past releases. Should this be working to produce OK if -regards-warnings is in the convert line? Perhaps my use of both -quiet and -regard-warnings does not make any sense?

Thanks.

Fred
magick
Site Admin

Re: Possible Bug in IM 6.4.0-9

Post by magick »

We're using ImageMagick 6.4.0-9 HDRI Q16 and we get a status of 1 with this command:
  • -> convert -quiet -regard-warnings rose: +repage rose.png
    -> echo $status
A 1 implies an exception (warning or error). Can you confirm its returning 1 for you?
fmw42
Authentication code: 1152

Post by fmw42 »

freds-mac-mini:~ fred$ convert -quiet -regard-warnings rose: +repage rose.png
freds-mac-mini:~ fred$ echo $status

freds-mac-mini:~ fred$

Thus I would say that it returns 0.

I am on Mac OSX Tiger on a PPC.

freds-mac-mini:~ fred$ convert -list configure

Path: /usr/local/lib/ImageMagick-6.4.0/config/configure.xml

Name Value
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
CC gcc
CFLAGS -I/usr/local/include/lqr-1 -I/usr/local/include/glib-2.0 -I/usr/local/lib/glib-2.0/include -g -O2 -Wall -W -D_THREAD_SAFE
CONFIGURE ./configure --enable-delegate-build --enable-shared --disable-static --with-modules --with-quantum-depth=16 --enable-hdri --without-wmf --enable-libtool-verbose --disable-dependency-tracking --with-gs-font-dir=/usr/local/share/ghostscript/fonts/ --with-lqr
COPYRIGHT Copyright (C) 1999-2008 ImageMagick Studio LLC
CPPFLAGS -I/usr/local/include/ImageMagick
CXX g++
CXXFLAGS -g -O2 -Wall -W -D_THREAD_SAFE
DEFS -DHAVE_CONFIG_H
DELEGATES bzlib fontconfig freetype gs jpeg jp2 lcms lqr openexr png tiff x11 xml zlib
DISTCHECK_CONFIG_FLAGS --disable-deprecate --with-quantum-depth=16 --with-djvu=no --with-umem=no --with-wmf=no --with-fontpath= --with-gs-font-dir=/usr/local/share/ghostscript/fonts/
EXEC-PREFIX /usr/local
HOST powerpc-apple-darwin8.11.0
LDFLAGS -L/usr/local/lib -L/Users/fred/Applications/ImageMagick-6.4.0-9source/magick -L/Users/fred/Applications/ImageMagick-6.4.0-9source/wand -L/usr/X11R6/lib -L/usr/local/lib -lfreetype -lz
LIB_VERSION 0x640
LIB_VERSION_NUMBER 6,4,0,9
LIBS -lMagickCore -llcms -ltiff -lfreetype -ljpeg -L/usr/local/lib/lqr-1 -L/usr/local/lib -llqr-1 -lglib-2.0 -lintl -liconv -L/usr/local/lib -lfontconfig -lXext -lSM -lICE -lX11 -lXt -lbz2 -lz ${top_build_prefix}ltdl/libltdlc.la -lm -lpthread
NAME ImageMagick
PCFLAGS
PREFIX /usr/local
QuantumDepth 16
RELEASE_DATE 04/22/08
VERSION 6.4.0
WEBSITE http://www.imagemagick.org
freds-mac-mini:~ fred$
magick
Site Admin

Post by magick »

Program executables return 0 if the command completes and no exceptions are thrown. It appears there is a bug in the -regard-warnings option that returns a 1 if no warnings are thrown. We will have a patch in ImageMagck 6.4.0-10 Beta by tomorrow. Thanks.