xcf (gimp) image layers don't get identified correctly

Post any defects you find in the released or beta versions of the ImageMagick software here. Include the ImageMagick version, OS, and any command-line required to reproduce the problem. Got a patch for a bug? Post it here.
rober

xcf (gimp) image layers don't get identified correctly

Post by rober »

Hi, this is my first post, first of all i would like to thank the developers for this great tool.

Yesterday, I was working with a 20 layers image in the gimp. I saved it to .xcf (the native gimp format), and then tried to convert it to .pdf. The problem is that the .xcf gets identified (with the 'identify' command) as a 2 layer only image. This doesn't happen when i save the file in the gimp to .psd (photoshop native format), in which case it gets identified as a 20 layers image file as expected. I first thought it could be a bug in the gimp, but it doesn't make much sense because when i open it back in the gimp it gets correctly loaded as a 20 layer image. I can attach (or post somewhere) an example file if you wish.

Best regards,

rober.
magick
Site Admin

Re: xcf (gimp) image layers don't get identified correctly

Post by magick »

Either post a URL to an example image or send us a private-message (PM) with the file attached. Hopefully we will have a solution for you within a day or two after we reproduce the problem.
magick
Site Admin

Re: xcf (gimp) image layers don't get identified correctly

Post by magick »

We can reproduce the problem you reported. We'll need a week or so to investigate and produce a proper patch.