Clipping path and crop or rotate

Post any defects you find in the released or beta versions of the ImageMagick software here. Include the ImageMagick version, OS, and any command-line required to reproduce the problem. Got a patch for a bug? Post it here.
Thomas.Freitag

Clipping path and crop or rotate

Post by Thomas.Freitag »

I wonder if nobody has the same problem as I, but I can't find anything about it: I have a jpeg image with a clipping path. convert recognize it correctly and can work with it. But if I try to crop the image or rotate it, the clipping path is left unchanged, so the path in the resulting image can not be used anymore.

Best regards,
Thomas
anthony
Authentication code: 8675308

Re: Clipping path and crop or rotate

Post by anthony »

This is true for just about any and ALL image operations.

IM is a raster image manipulator, it was never designed with clipping paths in mind so no operators that is not directly involved with clipping paths deal with clipping paths.
Anthony Thyssen -- Webmaster for ImageMagick Example Pages
https://imagemagick.org/Usage/
Thomas.Freitag

Post by Thomas.Freitag »

That's not what I like to hear :? , but if it is so, then clipping paths should at least be removed in the resulting image, because they are not only useless, but definitly wrong!
anthony
Authentication code: 8675308

Post by anthony »

That is true, but may be tricky to do, as it would require modifications to a huge number of routines. However it may be posible to add an option to remove the clipping path. It may already even be posible using the +profile operator. I'm just not certain, as I don't know much about the clipping path in the image formats, not yet in any case.
Anthony Thyssen -- Webmaster for ImageMagick Example Pages
https://imagemagick.org/Usage/