EXR support in 6.3.5-0 Linux configure/make is (still) sketc

Post any defects you find in the released or beta versions of the ImageMagick software here. Include the ImageMagick version, OS, and any command-line required to reproduce the problem. Got a patch for a bug? Post it here.
damnnicks

EXR support in 6.3.5-0 Linux configure/make is (still) sketc

Post by damnnicks »

You can delete my account and my posts, but I'll keep coming back! (I'm not actually sure what to make of the fact that my existence has been erased... hoping it was an accident and that's why my previous complaints haven't been addressed.)

1. OPENEXR_CFLAGS env var is still ignored, contrary to docs. I imagine the same goes for the libs flag.

2. The previous is a big deal because the OPENEXR_CFLAGS that is eventually extracted from pkgconfig explicitly includes the "OpenEXR" directory, as does the exr.c include statement, so further hacking is required for compilation.

3. And the wrong pkgconfig root is being used to determine the location of the OpenEXR installation. Configure should probably be using --prefix as the pkgconfig root. Currently I have to do 'setenv PKG_CONFIG_PATH /company/share/external/iroot/i386/COS4/lib/pkgconfig' before running configure if I want EXR support.
magick
Site Admin

Re: EXR support in 6.3.5-0 Linux configure/make is (still) sketc

Post by magick »

Don't get paranoid, we lost a month worth of accounts and posts due to a problem with our backup script.

Will look into the OpenEXR problem and get back with you.