AI to JPG - how to capture contents outside the Artboard

Post any defects you find in the released or beta versions of the ImageMagick software here. Include the ImageMagick version, OS, and any command-line required to reproduce the problem. Got a patch for a bug? Post it here.
kumbhi

AI to JPG - how to capture contents outside the Artboard

Post by kumbhi »

Hi,
I am converting from AI to JPG using the convert command. However, the JPG contains only the contents inside the artboard of the AI file. The contents outside the artboard area is missing. How do I capture the contents outside the AI artboard also into the JPG?

A test AI file is available at http://www.e-spec.net/downloads/samples ... rtboard.ai

There are images of 4 shirts inside the artboard and there is a red shirt outside the artboard. When I convert to JPG, only the 4 shirts inside the artboard shows up. The red shirt outside the artboard does not show.

Thanks
Kumbhi
kumbhi

Re: AI to JPG - how to capture contents outside the Artboard

Post by kumbhi »

Any updates on this please?

Thanks
Shekar
kumbhi

Post by kumbhi »

Can someone tell me if this is possible with IM and if not point me to any other tool/utility which can do this?
Thanks
Kumbhi
anthony
Authentication code: 8675308

Post by anthony »

I thought I answered this. Could it be in another thread?

basically you can use -page to enlarge the canvas area to find any extra things above and to the right of the normal canvas area, but currently ghostscript does not provide a way to easilly see and draw things drawn in a postscript/PDF negative space, which I presume is where your red shirt lies.

The problem is with ghostscript that IM uses.
Anthony Thyssen -- Webmaster for ImageMagick Example Pages
https://imagemagick.org/Usage/