convert many files

Post any defects you find in the released or beta versions of the ImageMagick software here. Include the ImageMagick version, OS, and any command-line required to reproduce the problem. Got a patch for a bug? Post it here.
banzzai

convert many files

Post by banzzai »

Hi everyone,

I've just stared on a project and people tell me there is a problem with ImageMagick.
In fact there's a process that sometimes doesn't answer and it seems like it is waiting for a response from the convert function but never get it.
Could it be possible that, under heavy load (because only production servers experimented that bug), ImageMagick fail to answer to the convert method ?
Or is there any other way to crash the convert method that users could have done accidentally ?

Thanks a lot,

Greg
magick
Site Admin

Re: convert many files

Post by magick »

Add -debug all,trace to your command line and run your process. Review the output to see if ImageMagick is slowly processing your request or if it has hung (perhaps a semaphore lock). We need to localize where the process is hanging before we can help.
banzzai

Re: convert many files

Post by banzzai »

Sorry I'm just back from a few days off ;p
I understand that and I will try but it might be difficult to obtain this kind of trace on the production server since the problem has only been encountered on the production server and I have so few information about this.
Thanks anyway