Convert multiple images passed through stdin into gif with -delay attribute

Questions and postings pertaining to the usage of ImageMagick regardless of the interface. This includes the command-line utilities, as well as the C and C++ APIs. Usage questions are like "How do I use ImageMagick to create drop shadows?".
jonathancm
Authentication code: 1152

Convert multiple images passed through stdin into gif with -delay attribute

Post by jonathancm »

Hi! I'm trying to convert a series of images stored in memory into a gif without persisting anything to disk. I've managed to do this by converting each image into a miff, then concatenating the results of those together, and then passing the concatenated output into

Code: Select all

magick - gif:-
. This works, but adding a -delay attribute does nothing. I'm getting around this by duplicating the miff data for each image a number of times before combining it with the others, but this seems inefficient. Is there a better way to do the thing I'm doing? (Not at all opposed to using interfaces, particularly IMagick since I'm currently using PHP, if that would make this more doable)

Thank you!
fmw42
Authentication code: 1152

Re: Convert multiple images passed through stdin into gif with -delay attribute

Post by fmw42 »

What OS? What version of Imagemagick? I do not see your commands that convert the images to MIFF. Perhaps you should show your full processing commands. Are you trying to add a delay to a single gif one at a time or to (create) an animated gif?