Versions 6.8.1-9 and later don't function

Post any defects you find in the released or beta versions of the ImageMagick software here. Include the ImageMagick version, OS, and any command-line required to reproduce the problem. Got a patch for a bug? Post it here.
cazfi
Authentication code: 15

Re: Versions 6.8.1-9 and later don't function

Post by cazfi »

hrd_hpux wrote:I already had "configure --without-threads" so that's out. My libpthread.a doesn't seem to have pthread_create in it. A mystery as to what HP did.
Did the --without-threads work at all? I've been debugging build problem with it for a while now. More precisely, Migick++ still tried to use pthreads when --without-threads was given, but as other parts of the build had threas disabled, that failed.

I found out that despite --without-threads MAGICKCORE_HAVE_PTHREAD gets defined. That in turn is because configure check for threads, while conditional to --without-threads in configure.ac, are also made unconditionally from opencl configure checks (m4/ax_opencl.m4).
broucaries

Post by broucaries »

Ok will try to add this macro to autoconf-archive modified and modernized
bratdaking
Authentication code: 6789

Post by bratdaking »

Within version 6.8.7-1 the --without-threads option on configure does not work.
If I use:
./configure --enable-shared --disable-static --disable-openmp --without-threads --disable-installed --with-frozenpaths --with-perl-options=PREFIX=/cm/shared/apps/ngs_prd/1.1 --without-x

The make stops with the following error:
magick/.libs/libMagickCore-6.Q16.so: undefined reference to `pthread_create'
collect2: error: ld returned 1 exit status
make[2]: *** [utilities/animate] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory `/cm/shared/apps/ngs_prd/1.1/src/ImageMagick-6.8.7-1'
make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/cm/shared/apps/ngs_prd/1.1/src/ImageMagick-6.8.7-1'
make: *** [all] Error 2

When the --without-threads options is left out, it builds without a problem... But I like to have an installation wihtout the use of threads, as the number of cpus used needs to be regulated tightly with the number of isntances executed...

Kind regards,
Bart
magick
Site Admin

Post by magick »

Change MAGICKCORE_HAVE_PTHREADS to MAGICKCORE_THREAD_SUPPORT in magick/distribute_cache.c. We'll get that patch into ImageMagick 6.8.7-2 Beta by sometime tomorrow. Thanks.